Texting is literally the worst thing about dating these days. We think it’s more convenient than actually picking up the phone, but the amount of stress and aggravation that this supposedly simple form of communication causes is off the charts. If a guy exhibits any of these crappy texting behaviors, let’s just all agree to delete his number from our phone fast:
1. TAKING HOURS TO RESPOND. He has an iPhone, and he’s just as obsessed with it as the rest of humanity. He can 100 percent look at his phone and answer — it literally takes about five seconds.
2. TEXTING THEN IGNORING OUR REPLY. Um, why did he even bother if he wasn’t going to answer? Does he think we have nothing better to do but wait for a response that never comes? Nope. We have a life.
3. TEXTING 24/7, THEN SAYING WE’RE CLINGY. When some guys get a girl’s number, it’s like they can’t physically stop themselves from blowing up our phones. All. The. Time. We like the attention and we kind of like him, too, so of course we answer. But then he bails because we’re “clingy” despite the fact that he was the one contacting us.
4. ONLY TEXTING POST-MIDNIGHT. We all know what this means. It gets old quickly and is pretty insulting.
5. TEXTING MORE THAN HE TALKS. Some guys think an iPhone is an invitation to stop being a legitimate human being in person. They love to have long talks via our phones, but when it comes to trying to form a real connection, let alone some emotional intimacy, they stare at the floor and can’t even look us in the eye. Run far away.
6. TEXTING WITHOUT MAKING A PLAN. Ugh. This is enough to make us completely confused. Is he just bored? Too shy to ask us out? Just a big chicken in general? Guys need to realize that we’re not here for their amusement or entertainment. If they want to keep talking, they need to man up and ask us on a date.
7. WANTING TO KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING ALL THE TIME. It’s totally normal to text “how’s your day going?” but if he’s texting us that question literally every hour on the hour, we’re over it. We don’t want someone keeping tabs on us and we have better things to do than keep someone updated.
8. ASKING A MILLION QUESTIONS. We’re totally cool with answering questions in person (as long as it’s not a creepy Q&A session). Via texting? Not so much. It makes zero sense that you want to know that much about us when we’re not talking face-to-face.
9. BEING SUPER INCONSISTENT.Texting every five minutes for a week straight, then ignoring us for three days? Uncool. We’re too busy for that crap. If you want to win us over, it’s pretty simple: stop cluttering our phones then disappearing.